Friday, July 13, 2007

My new curriculum available online

www.buildabridge.org/resources/curriculum

The theme for our summer camp this year is "Opening Doors to New Beginnings through Literacy." I worked with my friend Matthew Miller to compile a packet for the summer camp staff to give them some methods for exploring literacy through various avenues of art. I met recently with Dr. Nathan Corbitt who is the President, CEO and C0-founder of Buildabridge International. I have done some painting for BI in the past and have attended some of their excellent trainings provide for their teaching artists. Dr. Corbitt was discussing the new expansions of BI and the latest additions to their website and requested to post some of the curriculum that I've written this year under their resource page for their teaching artists. It's really great to be able to work with people of like-mind and be able to share our research and our resources. Dr. Corbitt is a true visionary; when you check out the link, explore the site. BI is growing by leaps and bounds!

2 comments:

Jake Harriman said...

Wow, Sis! Great work. I really love your curriculum - and your aggressive goals for the next year. I'm also really glad to hear that you're doing another year in HP. I really admire the work you're doing there, and I'm so proud of you! You're in my prayers.

chanchanchepon said...

hey,

I am adding your blog to my blogroll you and jake both actually--it will be listed under h2o community abroad.

Hope you are doing well! From the looks of things you are doing incredibly well--amazing stuff!!!