Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thursday Night Art Classes

We gathered together tonight for Oil Painting and Graphic Arts and we were two students down. One student was left at home to care for her little sibling and wasn't able to leave the house to come to class and the other student's mom said that he didn't have time between school and his job to be taking an art class. Things do come up, I know, but...

After Painting class was over, I was chatting w/ one of the students, Tyshae, (17) about some of the rough stuff that has been happening on our block lately; she lives close by. I was up 4 times last night because of loud fighting and other crazy stuff. Her response was, "All I know is that I was glad to be painting tonight; I feel alot better. I needed that purple!" It's her favorite color.

I hope the other two will be able to make it next week.

No comments: