Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Story of the Mural

Click the photo above to see my images on Flickr. Read the descriptions to learn more about the collaborative process of painting and installing this mural together as a community. There are also photos of our Mural Celebration held on July 19th, 2008.

Sometimes, I forget about the mural and then as I'm walking to Rt. Aid or going up 6th Street to chat w/ the Courtland folks, I'm so struck... WOW. There it is. It's still new to us here in Hunting Park. I suppose we'll get used to it eventually. Come see it!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Michaelanne,
I was so thrilled to see this gorgeous mural in person! It's such a thoughtful, hopeful piece of art, full of meaning. And it just jumps out at you! It's among the loveliest of Philly's murals.
Love you,
Jess